Cookbook:Pork and Lima Skillet
|Pork and Lima Skillet|
|Servings||5 or 6 persons|
Pork and Lima Skillet.
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen baby lima beans
- 5 or 6 pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon pork-flavored gravy base [granules]
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- ¾ cup water
- Cook limas according to package directions, omitting salt in cooking water; drain.
- In skillet, brown chops over medium heat. Remove chops from skillet. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add gravy base to skillet. Blend in flour and basil.
- Add ¾ cup water; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add limas to skillet, stirring to coat with sauce.
- Arrange chops over limas. Cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Serves 5-6 people.