Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
|Servings||4 to 6|
Poppyseed chicken is a savory casserole. It is simple to prepare, hearty, and a crowd favorite. Great with green beans, or a simple salad.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For 4-6 servings:
- 4 pieces of chicken breast, boiled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light or fat free works)
- 1 cup sour cream (recommend light)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Ritz crackers (or similar), crushed (about 1 sleeve)
- 3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Mix chicken with mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Spread this in the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with crackers.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Evenly pour melted butter on top.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You can easily scale this recipe depending on the number of servings you want (e.g. 3 chicken breasts, ¾ cup mayo and sour cream, etc); use a bigger or smaller pan as necessary to make the chicken layer 1-2 inches (2.5-5 cm) thick.
- You can assemble it ahead of time and refrigerate it, baking it for 35-40 minutes.
- If you freeze it before baking, do not add the crackers, poppyseeds, or butter until you are ready to bake it.