From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cracked black peppercorns
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Brush chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt.
- Place pepper in a pie pan. Dredge chicken in black pepper.
- Let rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Pour in about 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add chicken and cook 2 minutes per side, or until browned on both sides.
- Insert an oven-safe probe thermometer into one of the chicken breasts. Bake, pan and all, at 375° until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Deglaze pan with lemon juice and drizzle over chicken. Serve warm.