|Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Southern U.S. Cuisine | Texas cuisine
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 stick of margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup milk (or 1/4 cup skim milk)
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/3 cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup flour (if using self-rising flour, omit salt and baking powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix Base and Topping in separate bowls.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a 9"x12" pan.
- Sprinkle on topping and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Other nuts can be used in the topping, almonds or peanuts serve admirably.
- Stores well frozen.