Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Pasta
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ package (25 ounces) frozen ravioli, thawed
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) marinara sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling, about 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to simmer.
- In a large heavy pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches. Heat oil over medium heat to 375°F.
- Fry ravioli in hot oil, a few at a time, for about 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with hot marinara sauce.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You can use cheese or meat raviolis, but the traditional version is made out of a square meat ravioli.