Cookbook:Orange French Toast
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Orange French Toast puts a twist on cinnamon bread.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half-cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 thick slices cinnamon bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture; let soak for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased 15 × 10 × 1 in (38 × 25 × 2.5 cm) baking pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover, drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 325 °F (163 °C) for 35–40 minutes or until browned.