Cookbook:Orange French Toast
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Orange French Toast|
Orange french toast puts a twist on cinnamon bread.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 thick slices cinnamon bread
- ¼ cup butter, melted
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, orange juice, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture; let soak for 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased 15 × 10 × 1 in (38 × 25 × 2.5 cm) baking pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover, and drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 325 °F (163 °C) for 35–40 minutes or until browned.