Jump to navigation Jump to search
Types of Omelets[edit | edit source]
- Basic Omelet
- This recipe includes instructions for both non-stick pans and large flat cook tops.
- Bacon Cheese Omelet
- is an omelet filled with bacon and cheese.
- French Omelette or Western Omelette
- Denver Omelet
- A thick omelet with onions, peppers, and ham embedded in the egg.
- Indian omelet
- An omelet thoroughly cooked on both sides, usually containing onions, green chillies, salt, pepper, cumin powder, red chilli powder, cilantro & tomatoes.
- Spanish Omelet or tortilla de patata
- A thick omelet with onions and potatoes embedded in the egg.
- Potato Omelet
- An omelet stuffed with potatoes, onions, and cheese.
- is a kind of Italian omelet that can contain vegetables or even leftover pasta.
- Friar's Omelette
- A sweet omelette of Scottish tradition, made with sugar and apples (or other fruit)
- Baked Brunch Omelet
- Japanese omelets
- Omu-Raisu is a fried ketchup-flavored rice sandwiched with a thinly spread beaten egg or covered with a plain egg omelet.
- Omu-Soba is an omelet with yakisoba as its filling.
- Okonomiyaki is a Japanese pancake which is often compared to an omelet.
- Tamagoyaki is a thin Japanese omelet, which is rolled up after cooking.
- Greek Omelet
- This recipe is still in progress.