Cookbook:Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 3/4 c butter, apple sauce, equal parts butter and vegetable oil, or shortening
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c water or milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 c oats, rolled (raw), quick/old fashioned
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 c raisins
- 3/4 c walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with oil, shortening, or butter.
- Combine your choice of fat (butter, apple sauce, butter/vegetable oil mix, OR shortening), brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla; beat with mixer on high speed to blend well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to shortening mixture and combine until just blended.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10–13 min., or until lightly browned.