Cookbook:Pudding with Pistachios and Rose Water (Muhallebi)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Muhallebi)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pudding with Pistachios and Rose Water (Muhallebi)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ¾ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 7 cups milk
- ½-1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- ½ cup rose water or orange flower water (optional)
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix the milk and sugar in a large saucepan and heating slowly, so as not to burn the milk, bring to a simmer.
- Make a slurry by dissolving the rice flour and cornstarch in the water and, stirring constantly, slowly add this mixture to the simmering milk.
- Simmer gently for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture has thickened sufficiently to coat a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the rose water or orange flower water.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking pan and refrigerate until chilled and set.
- Cut into pieces about 4 inches square.
- Place the squares on individual dessert plates and garnish with the chopped pistachios.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- If you don't have rice flour, cornstarch may be substituted.