Cookbook:Pasta, Meat and Cheese Casserole (Mostaccioli)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mostaccioli)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pasta, Meat and Cheese Casserole (Mostaccioli)|
|Time||55 - 60 minutes|
- 1 cup uncooked mostaccioli pasta
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 Italian sausages, removed from casings
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes,
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- A dash of sugar
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook mostaccioli until al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In skillet, combine meat, sausages, onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook while breaking up meat, until browned. Drain off fat.
- To the meat, add all remaining ingredients, except egg and cheeses. Bring meat sauce to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine egg and cheeses. To assemble, stir cooked pasta into meat sauce. Place half in 1 quart buttered baking dish.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over the top. cover with remaining pasta.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through.