Cookbook:Miyan Geda (Nigerian Groundnut Soup)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Miyan Geda (Nigerian Groundnut Soup)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Daddawa (fermented locust beans)
- Onion, sliced
- Tatashe pepper, ground to a paste
- Palm oil
- Ground crayfish
- Dried fish
- Ground dried groundnut
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine beef, daddawa, garlic, ginger, sliced onion, and a pinch of salt in a pot. Cook until the meat is tender.
- When meat is tender, add ground tatashe, palm oil, ground crayfish, and a pinch of salt.
- Add dried fish and water. Bring to a boil, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the ground groundnut and spinach. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve with semo, fufu, ẹba, or tuwo shinkafa.