Cookbook:Curried Chiles (Mirchi ka Salan)
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Mirchi ka Salan)
- ½ kg green chillies (medium)
- 4 onions (large, finely chopped) 4
- 2 Tbs poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds (til)
- 2 Tbs coriander seeds (dhaniya)
- 1 Tbs white cumin (sufaid zeera)
- 1 Tbs desiccated coconut powder
- 1 tsp red chillies (ground)
- 1 Tbs turmeric (haldi)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbs ground paste of garlic and ginger
- 6 to 7 curry leaves
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice
- 6 red chillies, whole
- 6 fenugreek seeds (methi daana)
- 5 Tbs oil
- Lightly roast the poppy seed, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, desiccated coconut, and grind in a mortar and pestle.
- Put oil in frying pan and stir fry the green chillies with some salt. Drain the oil from the green chillies and keep aside.
- Start cooking by putting the spices namely cumin seeds, whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds and a couple of curry leaves for tarka in very hot oil.
- When ready and popping, add chopped onions to it and fry till golden brown.
- Add the rest of the spices i.e. red chillies, turmeric, garlic ginger paste and nigella seeds. Stir well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the tamarind juice and let it cook for a minute. Add the green chillies and top it with the remaining curry leaves and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When ready serve with any meat accompaniment or rice dishes like biryani