Cookbook:Microwave Peanut Brittle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an easier version of Peanut Brittle that can be prepared in under 10 minutes using a microwave.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Lightly grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- In 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish stir together sugar and syrup. Microwave at high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave at high for 3-5 minutes or until light brown.
- Add butter and vanilla, blending well. Microwave at high 1-2 minutes more. Peanuts will be lightly browned and syrup very hot.
- Add baking soda and stir gently until light and foamy.
- Pour mixture onto greased cookie sheet. Let cool 1/2 hour to 1 hour. When cool, break into small pieces and store in airtight container.
- Makes about 1 pound.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Take care not to overcook or under cook. Overcooking results in a burnt taste, and under cooking results in a taffy-like consistency that sticks to the teeth.
- Microwave times will depend on the power of your individual microwave. It may take a few experiments before you determine what is the right cooking time.
- If you start seeing part of the mixture turning brown, it is probably beginning to burn. Remove immediately.