Cookbook:Mesquite Chicken Wraps
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mesquite wood chips, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- 2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- Brush chicken with olive oil and season very liberally on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat charcoal grill. Toss wood chips onto coals and reapply grate.
- Add chicken and cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove to a plate, and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Toss with cheese and sprinkle into each tortilla. Roll lengthwise and wait until cheese is melted before serving.