Cookbook:Memphis-Style BBQ Ribs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
This is a classic U.S. style of BBQ pork ribs.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 slab pork spareribs
- 6 tbsp Rib Rub
- 1 cup tomato paste
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Hickory chunks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Season spareribs with rib rub.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place chunks in smoker or charcoal grill set for indirect heat at 250°F (120˚C).
- Combine liquid ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce liquid by ⅓.
- Place spareribs into smoker or grill for 4-5 hours, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Brush remaining sauce on top of ribs and place on a medium high grill until browned.
- The internal temperature of the ribs before removing from the grill needs to be at least 145˚F (63˚C).
- Let rest for 10 minutes, covered, and carve.