Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||Prep: 15 minutes|
Baking: 45–55 minutes
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Meat Recipes | Midwestern U.S cuisine
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 lbs (900 g) ground beef
- 8 oz (220 g) package of pre-made stuffing (e.g. Stove Top or Paxo)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Special equipment[edit | edit source]
- Small bowl for mixing egg mixture
- Very large bowl for mixing meat mixture
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Beat eggs, water, and approximately soy sauce together in a bowl and set aside.
- Get a large bowl and mix the ground beef and stuffing together. Make sure to use your hands and combine the mixture well, as this is the most important step.
- Slowly work the egg mixture into the meat and stuffing, once again making sure to combine all ingredients well.
- Pick up the big ball of meat and pack in hands until you have formed a loaf. Place in ungreased loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, on the center rack of the oven for 45–55 minutes until center of meatloaf is browned.
- Drain excess grease off side of pan and let stand 5–10 minutes before cutting and serving.