Cookbook:Margarita Grilled Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Margarita Grilled Chicken|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp freshly-ground cumin
- ½ cup tequila (recommended: José Cuervo Especial Gold)
- ½ cup margarita mix
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup mesquite chips, soaked in water 30 minutes
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp adobo sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine tequila, oil, mix, lime, cumin, cilantro, adobo, and the chiles in a blender until smooth. Pour into a gallon size zip-top bag and add chicken. Toss to coat and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat grill. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and place on grill.
- Cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74˚C).
- While chicken cooks, run the marinade through a cheesecloth and skim off the oil. Bring to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat and cook until liquid has reduced to 3 ounces.
- Once chicken is done, remove to a plate and pour marinade over top. Cover tightly with foil and let rest 15 minutes before serving.