Cookbook:Maple Planked Chicken Breasts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Maple Planked Chicken Breasts|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 ea. (12–16 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly-ground coriander
- 2 medium untreated maple planks, soaked in water at least 1 hour
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides liberally with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the freshly-ground coriander.
- Place chicken on planks and insert a probe thermometer into one of the breasts. Heat one burner or push all the coals to one side and place planks on the cooler side. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
Use untreated wood. I don't think any of you would like to be eating pentachloraethylne, creosote, and/or arsenic! If you would not like to eat this stuff, remember to purchase untreated wood that is furniture grade and kiln-dried.