Cookbook:Maple Planked Chicken Breasts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 (6-8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander (I'm American, so I'm talking about the seeds)
- 2 medium untreated maple planks, soaked in water at least 1 hour
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Brush chicken with olive oil. Sprinkle liberally on both sides with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and the freshly ground coriander.
- Place chicken on planks and insert a probe thermometer into one of the breasts. Heat one burner or push all the coals to one side and place planks on the cooler side. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
Use untreated wood. I don't think any of you would like to be eating pentachloraethylne, creosote, and/or arsenic! If you would not like to eat this stuff, remember to purchase untreated wood that is furniture grade and kiln-dried.