Jump to navigation Jump to search
Madeleines are baked in France in special baking trays with shell-like recesses, giving them their typical shape. The Spanish counterpart, the Madalenas, are sometimes served in paper cases and then resemble muffins.
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- zest of a lemon
- 75 g melted butter
- Beat the eggs, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl until frothy.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and lemon zest, fold into the mixture and add melted butter.
- Divide the dough into the greased forms, keeping in mind that the dough will still rise and then take up more space.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 12 to 15 minutes, the surface shouldn't just brown.