Cookbook:Macaroni and Nutritional Yeast
(Redirected from Cookbook:Macaroni & Nutritional Yeast)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Macaroni & nutritional yeast is a vegan alternative to macaroni and cheese.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound dry macaroni
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 ½ cup water (or rice milk)
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, add salt to taste, and add the macaroni.
- Melt the margarine over low heat. Beat in flour with a wire whisk. Continue to beat over medium heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Whisk in boiling water (or rice milk). Then add salt, garlic powder, soy sauce, and turmeric to the liquid.
- The sauce should cook until it thickens and bubbles. When that happens, beat in nutritional yeast flakes (if the sauce is too thick, add more water). For a variation, add mustard.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain and add the sauce. Serve immediately.