Cookbook:Macaroni and Cheese (Vegan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Macaroni & Nutritional Yeast)
|Macaroni and Cheese (Vegan)|
Macaroni and nutritional yeast is a vegan alternative to macaroni and cheese.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound dry macaroni pasta
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 ½ cups water or rice milk, boiling
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, add salt to taste, and add the macaroni.
- Melt the margarine over low heat. Beat in flour with a wire whisk. Continue to beat over medium heat until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Whisk in the 3 ½ cups water. Then, add salt, garlic powder, soy sauce, and turmeric to the liquid.
- The sauce should cook until it thickens and bubbles. When that happens, beat in nutritional yeast flakes; if the sauce is too thick, add more water.
- When the macaroni is cooked, drain and add the sauce. Serve immediately.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- For a variation, add mustard to the sauce.