Cookbook:Lemon Custard Pastry Cups (Pastel de Nada)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Lemon Custard Pastry Cups (Pastel de Nada)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 400 grams frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups cream
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Roll half the dough out to 14×10-inch rectangle. Use a 4 ½-inch round cookie cutter to out circles.
- Press the dough circles into 12 muffin cups. Line each with foil, then fill with pie weights. Freeze about 15 minutes.
- Bake pastry shells in bottom third of oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil and weights; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in microwaveable bowl, whisk together cream, flour, egg yolks, sugar, and lemon zest. Microwave at medium for about 8 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency of pudding, whisking every minute or so.
- Strain pudding into bowl; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour pudding into shells. Broil 6 inches from the heat source for 3 minutes. Let cool on rack for 15 minutes
- Remove pastries from pan, and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.