Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||1 - 2 hours|
Knoephla soup is a common dish served in the U.S. states of North Dakota and Minnesota.
Recipe formatted from Preacherman777 contribution on English Wikipedia.
- Knoephla yielded from 2 cups of flour
- 2 qts / 2 L water
- 2 Tbsp / 30 mL chicken soup base
- 1 cup / 250 mL onion, chopped
- 1 cup / 250 mL butter
- 2 lbs / 900 g potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup / 250 mL heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp / 5 mL parsley (optional)
- In large soup kettle, add the onion and butter. Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add the water and soup base. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat. Add the knoephla by dropping them into the boiling broth. Stir until they all float to the top.
- Add the potatoes when the dumplings are soft. Simmer on medium heat until dumplings and potatoes are done throughout.
- Remove from heat. Add the cream, season with parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
If you need to reheat the soup, use low heat so the cream doesn't curdle.