Jump to navigation Jump to search
Knoephla are dumplings commonly used in knoephla soup, a popular dish in the American Midwest.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups / 500 mL flour
- 1 tsp / 5 mL baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup / 250 mL milk or water
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, egg, and then the milk or water. Mix to form a firm dough that is not sticky. Add a bit more flour if needed to keep dough from being sticky or a bit more milk or water if too dry.
- Roll pieces of dough between the hands until the length of a pencil (6 in / 15 cm). Snip off small pieces with knife or scissors.
- The knoephla are now ready to be cooked in any recipe requiring them.