Cookbook:Kaju Barfi (Indian Cashew Milk Confection)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Kaju Barfi (Indian Cashew Milk Confection)|
Kaju Barfi is an Indian sweet made with cashew nuts.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add saffron to the solution and cook it till it forms a syrup of three-thread consistency.
- Melt the ghee, and mix this into the syrup.
- Add cashew nut powder and mix it thoroughly.
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- Knead the mixture well, and roll it into a rectangle 0.5 cm thick.
- Lay the silver foil over the rectangle. Cut it into diamond shapes of approximately 1.5-inch length.