Jump to navigation Jump to search
A tasty dish made popular by Nathanyay Chang.
- 4 lobster tails
- 2 tsp. jerk seasoning
- ½ cup butter
- 2 whole scallions
- 2 tsps. lemon juice or lime juice
- ½ tsp. of Jamaican pickapeppa sauce or 3 drops of Jamaican hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Thinly slice the scallions.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet.
- Lightly sauté the scallions until golden.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add Jamaica pickapeppa sauce or hot pepper sauce (optional, depending on your taste).
- Let it simmer for about 1 minute, then set aside.
- Remove the membrane from the lobster tails.
- Use a sharp knife to split the lobster tail in half lengthwise.
- Brush butter sauce onto each tail.
- Using the same brush, spread the jerk sauce over the tails, especially on the exposed meat. Set oven to broil.
- Put the lobster tails in oven on the meat side for 4 minutes, turn, and cook the shell side for 2 minutes.
- If you want a more smoked taste, cook for 2 minutes on each side in the oven, then place on a barbecue grill for 3 minutes. You may need to add more jerk sauce if using a grill.
- Serve with Jamaican festival and/or bammy. You can also serve with Jamaican hardo bread.