Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon filets, pin bones removed
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbs capers, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbs lemon pepper
- Combine wine, tomato paste, and capers. Set aside.
- In a skillet large enough to hold all the salmon, heat 1 tbs oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add wine mixture to garlic. Reduce temperature to 145 degrees F, then keep at 145 degrees.
- Rub salmon with remaining oil. Press seasonings into meat, then dredge all sides in flour. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 2 filets, skin side up, and cook until browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining salmon.
- Move to 145 degree wine mixture, then cook until fish is pink throughout and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.