Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ibaba Soup is a typical Nigerian soup prepared from ibaba seeds, also known as okpo by the Igbo people. The seeds serve as a thickener, and the soup is served with akpu, semo, or pounded yam.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Meat, rinsed
- Pepper, blended
- Onion, chopped and rinsed
- Seasoning cube
- Salt to taste
- Dryfish, rinsed
- Palm oil
- Ground ibaba seeds
- Uziza leaves, shredded and rinsed
- Ground crayfish
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place meat in a pot, and cover with water. Begin cooking.
- Add the blended pepper, onions, seasoning cube, and salt.
- Once meat is soft, add dryfish and cook for few minutes.
- Add palm oil and ground ibaba seeds.
- Add shredded uziza leaves and ground crayfish.
- Stir and serve.