Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pounded yam is a preparation of cooked yam that is pounded until smooth and stretchy. It is a type of Nigerian swallow.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cut the yam into pieces and rinse well.
- Place yam in a pot, and cover them with water. Ensure the water cover the yam pieces
- Cover the pot, and cook for about 25 minutes, until the yam is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and drain the water from the yams.
- Rinse the mortar and pestle. Place the cooked yam into the mortar. Pound with the pestle until it forms a smooth, stretchy paste.
- Pack the pounded yam and wrap into portions (about 4–5)
- Serve the pounded yam with your choice of soup.