Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits (Bacos are soy based)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt or seasoning salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring constantly, and allow to cook until slightly browned. This creates a roux.
- Slowly add milk, whisking continuously to remove any lumps.
- Add imitation bacon bits, and continue to cook until gravy thickens.
- When thickened, remove from heat and stir in butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over biscuits.