Cookbook:Gooey Butter Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Gooey Butter Cake|
Gooey Butter Cake - This rich desert originates from Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.
- 18.25 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb confectioners sugar
- Mix box of yellow cake mix, one egg and four oz of butter to create a stiff dough.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with oil. Spread the dough evenly in the pan, and up the sides.
- Melt the remaining butter, and mix the remaining ingredients to create the filling, adding the cream cheese and then the confectioner's sugar last. Gently warming the cream cheese aids mixing.
- Pour the filling into the crust, and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and firm.