Cookbook:Gingerbread Cookies Frosted with Royal Icing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Gingerbread Cookies Frosted with Royal Icing|
|Servings||Makes about 3 dozens (36)|
|Time||Prep: 30-40 minutes|
Then 15 minutes per batch
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Flourless cooking spray
- 3¾ cups (500 grams (1.1 lb)) all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (120 grams (4.2 oz)) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (150 grams (5.3 oz)) tightly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (150 grams (5.3 oz)) honey
- 2 large eggs
- royal icing
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (191 °C).
- Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and honey on medium speed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth and light, another 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix on low until the dough is evenly mixed.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured work surface.
- Pat into an even disk.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 20 or 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a 0.25-inch (6.4 mm) thickness.
- Use 5.5-inch (14 cm) cookie cutters to cut out cookies.
- Transfer cookies to prepared cookie sheets, spacing them about an inch apart.
- Bake the cookie until they are firm, about 10 to 14 minutes, depending on size.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool completely before decorating, if desired.
- Bake the remaining dough in batches, as directed.
- Frost with royal icing.