Cookbook:Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan)|
This recipe for flan de queso was originally contributed by Brenda Ortiz.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Flan[edit | edit source]
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz leche condensada (sweetened condensed milk)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Caramel[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Add cream cheese, leche condensada, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly at medium speed until smooth.
- Place the sugar in the bottom of a small circular baking pan. Add the flan mixture on top without mixing the two layers.
- Fill a large rimmed baking sheet with about 1.5 inch of water. This is called baño de Maria (bain-marie).
- Carefully place baking sheet with flan mixture in the baño de Maria.
- Bake flan for 45–50 minutes in the preheated oven. The flan is ready when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Let flan cool until safe to handle. Tip the flan pan upside-down onto a serving plate, and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves for garnish.