Cookbook:Flan de Queso (Cream Cheese Flan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
For the flan[edit | edit source]
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 14 oz can of leche condensada (sweetened condensed milk—available in the Hispanic food section of any supermarket)
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For the caramel[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Add cream cheese, leche condensada, evaporated milk, eggs, and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients thoroughly at medium speed until smooth.
- Place the sugar in the bottom of a small circular baking pan. Add the flan mixture on top without mixing the two layers.
- Fill a large baking sheet with about 1.5 inch of water. This is called baño de Maria (bain-marie).
- Carefully place baking sheet with flan mixture in the baño de Maria.
- Cook flan for 45-50 minutes in the preheated oven. The flan is ready when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Let flan cool until safe to handle. Tip the flan pan upside-down into a serving plate, and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves for garnish.
Attribution[edit | edit source]
This recipe for flan de queso was originally contributed by Brenda Ortiz.