Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||45 minutes + refrigeration|
Flan pâtissier nature is a traditional preparation often found in French bakeries and patisseries. This recipe is a base to which you can add fruit or other ingredients.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 500 ml whole milk
- 150 g granulated sugar or 10 tablespoons fructose
- 80 g (8 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 200 g puff pastry, rolled to 3–6 mm thick
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 200°C. If using frozen puff pastry take it out from the freezer.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until scalding but not boiling.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the cornflour, then beat in the whole eggs. Very gradually whisk the hot milk into this mixture to avoid cooking the egg. Add the vanilla extract, and return this mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid curdling. Remove from the heat before it gets to the boiling point.
- Line a buttered metal pie pan with the puff pastry to make a crust. Fill the crust with the hot custard.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes in the preheated oven until golden on the top. Cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator.