|Time||45 minutes + refrigeration|
Flan pâtissier nature is a traditional preparation you can easily find in French bakeries and patisseries. This recipe is a base for eventual variations which would add fruit or other ingredients.
Ingredients for 6-8 people
- 3 whole eggs
- 500 ml of whole milk
- 200 g of puff pastry
- 150 g of granulated sugar or 10 tablespoons of fruit sugar
- 80 g or 8 tablespoons of cornflour
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla flavour extract
- Preheat oven to 200°C. If using frozen puff pastry take it out from the freezer.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and the cornflour, beat in the whole eggs. Pour in little by little the milk to this mixture and whisk well, add the vanilla flavour and pour the mixture into the pan of hot milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and take off the heat before it gets to boiling point.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a metal pie pan previously buttered. Pour over the milk preparation.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on the top. Cool in refrigerator.