Cookbook:Fall Chanterelle Mushroom Frittata
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fall Chanterelle Mushroom Frittata –
- Servings: 5.3
- Serving size: 3 ounces
- Yield: 16 ounces
- 6 Egg whites
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Chanterelles (chopped and roasted)
- 1/2 cup low fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Crack the eggs into a medium size bowl, separating out the yolks from whites.
- Add milk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk the egg mixture until slightly frothy (the more whisking, the fluffier the eggs will be).
- Pour the eggs into a pan or muffin tin sprayed with nonstick canola cooking spray. Add Chanterelles and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Poke with fork or knife to see if middle is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
Notes, tips, and variations
More vegetables can be added to the mix.