Cookbook:Easy Onion Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Easy Onion Chicken|
|Time||1 hour, start to finish|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1–1½ cups canned French-fried onions
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ea. (1–1½ pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crush French-fried onions.
- Place beaten egg in medium wide bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts into halves.
- Dip chicken breasts in beaten egg.
- Roll or dredge chicken breasts in onions.
- Place on sprayed baking pan.
- Bake 20–25 minutes until chicken is done.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- An easy way to crush the onions is in a freezer strength plastic zip-closure bag, with a rolling pin. You can then just use the bag to coat the chicken breasts.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- Uncooked chicken should always be considered contaminated with Salmonella. Handle uncooked chicken as late as possible in preparation, and wash your hands for 30 seconds afterwards. By the same token, chicken should be cooked thoroughly, to an internal temperature of 165°F, or until the center is dry and all the pink is gone.