From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
A rolling pin is a long cylinder-shaped tool, often with handles on either end, used to roll out dough. Rolling pins can be made from wood, plastic, ceramic or marble.
In choosing a rolling pin, consider that:
- Handle connections may be impossible to properly clean.
- When refrigerated before use, ceramic and marble rolling pins help keep cold cookie dough from sticking.
- Ceramic and marble rolling pins are heavy, expensive, and fragile.
- Wood surfaces never really get clean.
- A wooden central rod, or wooden handles, may snap during use.