Cookbook:Dahi Baingana (Fried Eggplant in Yogurt)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dahi Baingana (Fried Eggplant in Yogurt)|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 medium-sized bainganas (eggplant / brinjal / begun)
- Panch puran (futana / Bengali five spice)
- 2 red chilies (sukhila lanka)
- 10 curry leaves (kadi patta / bhersunga patra)
- 2 tbsp dahi (yogurt)
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 tbsp sugar
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Cut eggplant into thin slices, lengthwise. Deep fry in oil. Keep aside.
- Mix dahi with water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add panch puran and red chili, then cook until the spices splutter.
- Add dahi-water mix, salt to taste, and sugar. Stir properly and make a gravy.
- Add fried eggplant to the gravy, and lower the flame.
- Heat it for 2–3 minutes, then leave it to cool.
- Serve with rice.