From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 2 bainganas (eggplant / brinjal / begun)
- 10 curry leaves (kadi patta / bhersunga patra)
- 2 tbsp dahi (yogurt)
- panch puran (futana / Bengali five spice)
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 2 red chilies (sukhila lanka)
- Cut medium size eggplant into thin slices, length wise. Deep fry in oil. Keep aside.
- Mix dahi with water.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, add panch puran, red chili until the spices splutter.
- Add dahi-water mix. Add salt (according to taste), and sugar (1 tbsp). Stir properly and make a gravy.
- Add fried eggplant to the gravy and lower the flame.
- Heat it for 2-3 minutes and then take it out and leave it to cool down.
Serve with rice.