Jump to navigation Jump to search
| A reader requests that more images be included in this page or book.
Images are useful for presentation and explanation. Free images can be found at Wikimedia Commons and used here at Wikibooks. If you have created relevant images, you should consider donating them.
Remove this template when suitable images have been added. Please continue to edit this book and add images, even after this message has been removed. Discuss this books particular needs on the discussion page. For questions, go to WB:PROJECTS.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 80 g (2.8 oz) (⅔ stick) unsalted butter
- 125 g (4.4 oz) (⅝ cup) caster or superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g (7.1 oz) (1½ cups) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 180 g (6.3 oz) (¾ cup) custard
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and bring together until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes on a floured surface until smooth.
- Shape the dough into a flat disc.
- Cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C (374 °F).
- Cover 2 baking trays with baking sheet.
- Roll out the dough to 5 mm (0.20 in) thick.
- Cut out into 24 circles.
- Put the biscuits on 4 baking trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until well cooked.
- Place the biscuits on a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of custard into one biscuit.
- Sandwich together with another biscuit.
- Repeat steps 15-16, using remaining biscuits and custard.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In step 4, if the dough is too wet, add 1 tablespoon of plain flour and mix together.