Cookbook:Crab Quesadillas with Mango Salsa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1 package of 6-inch round flour tortillas
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 of a red onion, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh mango, diced fine
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced fine
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, minced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. To that, add the onions and peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Meanwhile, sift through the crab meat and remove any shell fragments. Stir into the crab the marscapone cheese, cayenne pepper and cilantro. Mix well.
- Spray half of the tortillas with cooking spray. Lay them flat (sprayed side down) on baking sheets.
- Add equal portions of the crab meat and then equal portions of the onions and peppers. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place the remaining tortillas on top and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden in color.
- After removing from the oven, allow to sit for a minute. Then, cut each tortilla into quarters. Serve with mango salsa (recipe follows).
- Combine all ingredients together. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.