Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | American cuisine | Midwestern cuisine
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ⅔ cup (160 g) corn meal
- ⅓ cup (60 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (120 ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8–10 hot dogs
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 8–10 wooden skewers
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat deep fat fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine corn meal, flour, and salt. Add milk, egg, and oil; mix well.
- Insert a wooden skewer into one end of each hot dog.
- Coat with flour, then coat with corn meal mixture.
- Fry a few at a time in deep hot oil until golden brown.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Serve with mustard, like at a fair.