Cookbook:Coffee Rum Glazed Apples
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 12ths
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- ¾ cup strong coffee, cooled
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add apples and sauté just until browned around edges. Remove and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine liqueurs. Add to pan, turn heat off, and ignite. Bring to a boil and start scraping browned bits.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and bring to a boil over medium heat until reduced by ⅓. Add apples and toss to coat. Serve warm.