|Chuu Chee Fish
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Thai Cuisine
Chu Chee Fish is whole fish in kaeng chuu chee curry sauce with lime leaves.
This very tasty distinctly Thai fish dish is great as one of the main courses of a Thai banquet. It is also good on its own with rice.
- In a wok or large frypan, over high heat, fry fish using most of the vegetable oil, until golden on one side. It will take about five minutes.
- Lower heat and, using tongs, gently turn fish over.
- Turn up heat again and cook until golden. Using tongs again, lift fish gently onto a serving plate.
- In the wok, gently stir-fry the curry-paste and lime leaves in remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Add sugar and simmer for another five minutes.
- Taste to see if extra coconut milk, fish sauce, or sugar is required.
- Pour sauce over fish and garnish with cilantro and chopped chili peppers.
- Always wash your hands after handling chili peppers. Be especially careful not to touch your eyes, your kids, or pets.