Cookbook:Chuu Chee Fish
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chuu Chee Fish|
- 650g whole bream or similar fish
- 1 metric cup vegetable oil (reserve 1 tablespoon for stir-frying curry paste)
- 1 teaspoon of kaeng chu chee curry paste
- 6 dried Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 metric cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon (warning: perhaps the metric 20 mL one) of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh red chili pepper
- In a wok or large frypan, over high heat, fry fish using most of the vegetable oil, until golden on one side. It will take about five minutes.
- Lower heat and, using tongs, gently turn fish over.
- Turn up heat again and cook until golden. Using tongs again, lift fish gently onto a serving plate.
- In the wok, gently stir-fry the curry-paste and lime leaves in remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Add sugar and simmer for another five minutes.
- Taste to see if extra coconut milk, fish sauce, or sugar is required.
- Pour sauce over fish and garnish with cilantro and chopped chili peppers.
- Always wash your hands after handling chili peppers. Be especially careful not to touch your eyes, your kids, or pets.