Cookbook:Chocolate Mousse Cake (Vegan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1½ C Unbleached white flour
- ⅓ C Unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 C Unrefined sugar
- 1¼ C water
- ¼ C vegetable oil
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 T vinegar (Plain red, plain white or rice vinegar)
- a pinch of shredded coconut
Chocolate tofu filling
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In another bowl combine water, oil and the 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients, whisk with fork.
- Add vinegar and stir. You'll see bubbles when the acidic vinegar reacts with the basic baking soda!
- Pour into baking dishes, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While cake is baking melt the chocolate chips.
- For chocolate tofu filling add the tofu, ½ T vanilla extract and melted chocolate chips to blender. Blend until creamy.
- Pull cake out of oven, let cool. Cut the top of the cake off and set the top aside. Pour the chocolate tofu mousse on the bottom half of the cake. Replace the top half.
- Refrigerate until mousse thickens.
Chocolate Walnut Sauce Topping (Optional)
- ¼ C margarine
- ¼ C cocoa powder or carob powder
- 4 T soy milk
- 5/6 C sugar (preferably unrefined)
- ⅓ C (packed) unrefined sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ C walnuts (optional)
- In a saucepan combine everything but vanilla extract
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stir to cool then add vanilla extract
- Pour over the tops of the chocolate mousse cake from step 2.
- Garnish with coconut (optional)