Cookbook:Chocolate Chip Rolls
Chocolate Chip Rolls - This is a recipe grown out of an experiment on my usual biscuit recipe; they're not extremely sweet, but fall closer to dessert than just rolls or biscuits.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
I tend to cook with half whole wheat flour and half white flour; the recipe should work fine with all white flour as well (probably a little less milk).
2c whole-wheat flour 240 48.98% 2c white unbleached flour 250 51.02% 1t salt 6 1.22% 3t baking powder 13.8 2.82% 1 1/2c (360ml) milk (soy milk works fine, too, with no appreciable change in taste) [note 2] 366 74.69% 1/2c (120ml) vegetable oil 109 22.24% Chocolate chips (or small chocolate pieces) Formula 984.8 200.98%
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat over to 425°F (210°C)
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add liquid ingredients to dry, mix
- Turn dough out onto floured baking cloth and knead slightly
- Roll dough into log, cut into 8-12 pieces
- Press pieces flat, sprinkle with chocolate chips, and roll
- Place rolls on greased baking sheet, cook 13-15min
- Enjoy! Best fresh.
Conversion Notes[edit | edit source]
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Ingredient order preserved. Whole milk with a milkfat content of 3.25% used for conversion to weight, U.S. customary measures used for conversions. The mL volumes given are based on a 240 mL cup, the FDA size, while the USDA database appears to use the 237 mL cup.
- This percentage (74.69%) is a little high, it might be helpful for handling purposes to reduce slightly.