Cookbook:Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 cup loosely-packed brown sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- ½ cup good bourbon
- 1⅓ cups chocolate chips
- 2½ cups pecan pieces
- Pastry dough for 9-inch pie (commercial or your own)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs until yellow and creamy, in a large bowl.
- Whisk in half-and-half, sugar, and syrup, until smooth.
- Stir in bourbon, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Oil a springform pan lightly.
- Roll out the pastry dough and press it into a pan, pressing out any air bubbles.
- Pour mixture into oiled springform pan.
- Put pie on a baking sheet with a raised edge or border.
- Bake until only the center is sightly jiggly, about 2 hours.
- Do not remove the pie from the mold until absolutely cooled, at least an hour.