Cookbook:Chipotle Lime Tortilla Chips
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tortilla chips cost way more than tortillas, but when they get home, they end up looking like Earth after Mars hits it.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 10 corn tortillas, each cut into 10 wedges
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup chipotle-based hot sauce
- Oil for deep-frying
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine hot sauce, salt, and lime juice in a large dish. Add tortillas and soak for 2 hours.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let dry for 2 hours.
- Fry at 375° until pieces float and are lightly browned around edges. Drain on a cooling rack set above a baking pan. Serve.