Cookbook:Chipotle Lime Tortilla Chips
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Tortilla chips cost way more than tortillas, but when they get home, they end up looking like Earth after Mars hits it.
- 10 corn tortillas, each cut into 10 wedges
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup chipotle-based hot sauce
- Oil for deep-frying
- Combine hot sauce, salt, and lime juice in a large dish. Add tortillas and soak for 2 hours.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let dry for 2 hours.
- Fry at 375° until pieces float and are lightly browned around edges. Drain on a cooling rack set above a baking pan. Serve.