Cookbook:Chipotle Lime Tortilla Chips
Tortilla chips cost way more than tortillas, but when they get home, they end up looking like Earth after Mars hits it.
- 10 corn tortillas, each cut into 10 wedges
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup chipotle-based hot sauce
- Oil for deep-frying
- Combine hot sauce, salt, and lime juice in a large dish. Add tortillas and soak for 2 hours.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let dry for 2 hours.
- Fry at 375° until pieces float and are lightly browned around edges. Drain on a cooling rack set above a baking pan. Serve.