Cookbook:Chicken Rice Salad
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Chicken Rice Salad|
Chicken Rice Salad
- 3 cups (700g) of cooled, cooked rice
- 2 cups (480g) of cooled, cooked, chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup (60g) of grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons of green onion; chopped
- 1/2 cup (120g) of celery; chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (120ml) of plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (120g) of walnuts; chopped
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 hard boiled eggs; peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley; chopped
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dry mustard
- In the serving bowl, whisk or mix mayonnaise, yoghurt, cream of mushroom soup, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dry mustard until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well using a spoon or fork.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- Top with a sprig of parsley and serve.