From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Charoset maghrebi)
Maghrebi Charoset is a dried fruit and nut based paste served during the Jewish celebration of Passover by Jews from Northwest Africa.
- 1½ C white raisins
- ½ C dried apricots or dried peaches, chopped
- juice of two oranges
- ¼ C chopped almonds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger, preferably freshly grated
- 2 T honey
- 2 T matsoh meal
- Plump dried fruit in juice.
- Mash reconstituted fruit with almond and spices to get a mortar-like texture.
- Adjust texture with matsoh meal and if needed, sweeten with honey.
- Serve as part of the Seder. The north west African tradition uses bitter greens such as endive rather than horseradish with the Charoseth.