Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
This is a traditional Jewish dish.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 eggs, separated
- 75 grams sugar
- 25 grams butter
- 1 small cooking apple
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 225 grams carrots
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 50 grams potato flour
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Grease a 1-litre casserole dish.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy and pale in color.
- Very finely grate the carrot and apple, then squeeze out and discard all the liquid.
- Mix the grated carrot, apple, orange rind, orange and lemon juice, and flour.
- Combine the egg and carrot mixtures.
- Whip the egg whites until they are very stiff, and fold into carrot mixture.
- Spoon mixture into the greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.